I had a big presentation due at work today so I’ve been pretty busy the past few days and let my posting slack off. Fortunately, Nancy is getting the hang of blogging and has picked up the slack. My sister likes to send out the email questionairre spam things to all her family and friends. For lack of something better to write about, I’ll just answer the questions of a recent one she sent:
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Me: My middle name is my dad’s first name
Nancy: No, not that I know of
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Me: I don’t want to say
Nancy: Probably the last time BYUFan and I got in a fight but I can’t remember when specifically
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Nancy: No, it looks like a man’s messy handwriting
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Me: It used to be pastrami but I’m tired of that now. I’ll have to go with smoked turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Me: Yes, 5
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Me: Probably not. I’m not very easy to get along with
Nancy: Hmmm, no. I’m pretty boring
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Interestingly, our kids have enormous-sized tonsils. The oldest three have already had theirs removed. The younger two have big whoppers as well so they’ll probably end up getting them removed. They’re big enough that when the pediatrican, who has seen thousands of tonsils, looked at them she said “wow!”. They tonsil doctor sized them a 5+ on a scale of 1 to 5.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Me: No way
Nancy: No way
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Me: Fruity Dyno Bytes (the cheaper Malt-o-Meal version of Fruity Pebbles)
Nancy: Apple Jacks
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Nancy: Not usually
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Me: I have good leg strength but I’ve always had weak upper-body strength
Nancy: I’m mediocre I guess
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Me: Anything with nuts, caramel, etc. in it. I don’t like plain ice cream without something in it unless it’s vanilla and then you have to eat it with something like chocolate cake.
Nancy: Cookies and cream
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Me: I don’t notice anything about dudes. With girls, uhhh, I notice various aspects of their anatomy
Nancy: Their facial expressions
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Me: My weight – too fat
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Me: I don’t miss anybody currently. I miss Nancy the most when I’m gone on business trips
Nancy: My mom and dad.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
You can answer in the comments if you want…
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Me: N/A – I’m wearing my pajamas
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Me: Baked potato bar for dinner tonight
NOTE: What happened to 21?
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Me: BYU Blue
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Me: Nancy when she wears baby powder, freshly cooked jasmine rice, cinnamon rolls, that open-sewer smell you get whenever you go to any part of Asia (strange but true – at first I hated that smell but now it brings back so many memories. U.S. sewers just don’t smell the same as sewers in Asia)
Nancy: Flowers, forget that – don’t write flowers, write ummm, pine smells in the forest, but I hate the smell of carnations -those are the worst flowers ever because they remind me of funerals.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Me: My friend Tracy
Nancy: BYUFan’s mom
26 FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Nancy: Football, whatever
27. HAIR COLOR?
Me: Brown – only a few gray strands
Nancy: Naturally brown but rapidly going gray. My hair was last dyed red but it is fading
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Me: Tried them when I was 14. Hated them. Have worn glasses ever since.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Me: Sushi, homemade spring rolls, homemade vietnamese pork patties, pizza (I prefer “The Pie”)
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Me: happy endings
Nancy: happy endings
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Me: Cars – just watched it tonight with the kids
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Me: Chocolate molten at Chilis
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Me: War and Peace – I’m on about page 1000 of 1400 pages. It’s a pretty good book – better than I expected
Nancy: The Secret Garden
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Me: My mouse pad is plain black
Nancy: No mousepad
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
Me: We don’t have TV
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Me: The sound of our new waterfall, the crowd at a BYU football game
Nancy: Favorite sound? What is my favorite sound? Hmmmm – you don’t need to write everything I say. What are you writing that for? I like it when the kids say “Daddy’s home” when BYUFan gets home from work.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Me: The Beatles
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Me: Malaysia or possibly Tibet – I’m not sure which one is father as the crow flies
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Me: Mesa, AZ
Nancy: San Jose, CA
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?